The saying “everything is rosy” stems from pink’s qualities of comfort, peace and hope.
But truly, everything is rosy when you win this incredible set-of-three African Pink Solar Light set from the illustrious Desert Steel.
And did you know? African daisies look like typical daisies with their symmetrical petals that radiate from the central eye.
The flowers come in many colors including white, yellow, orange, red, coral, blue, lavender, purple and of course, pink!
African daisies come with single or multi-colored centers and petals that can be double, fringed, or spoon-shaped.
African Daisies first became available to home gardeners in the 1990s so it’s the new kid on the block!
5 ways to enter to WIN!
1.) Like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post
2.) Follow us on Instagram!
3.) Like Desert Steel on Facebook & thank them for hosting this contest!
4.) Sign up for our newsletter
5.) Check out Desert Steel on Amazon!
Tell me one, two, three, four or five entries in the comment section and how many solar lights you have!
Contest ends: August 3rd at midnight!
Pink is calm and passive. Non-threatening in every sense. Don’t you respect, admire and appreciate pink for what it is?
Pink puts anyone in a good mood! I also read that pink is a symbol of good health. And I think we could all use that these days!
But Desert Steel’s version of pink is spot-on. Not all shades of pink are created equal. Some shades are quite awful! But we trust Desert Steel and their ability to nail the shade.
They always do! That’s just one reason I never have any hesitations about recommending Desert Steel to you!
This fabulous company from Kansas is the heart and soul of what makes America great!
Desert Steel pays attention to detail. They also only use quality materials. All-weather steel construction anyone?
It’s the perfect marriage really.
And don’t you appreciate how the light is centered in the middle of the flower? These daisy lights add a soft and serene glowing light around your garden edges.
3 lights for the win!
Two seem weird and “off.”
Three is the perfect number to light up your life.
Not to mention your yard, patio, porch, pool, garden or driveway. And why not use them indoors in pots year-round to set the mood for vibrant light.
We’re not talking namby-pamby lighting here either. These are super bright LED lights! In fact, the brightest solar lights I’ve handled in the garden market.
Dim solar lights? Who needs them? You’ve seen a plethora of those just walking about your neighborhood.
If you’re going to have solar lights, you might as well have ones that work for 10 hours straight. And they only take 6 hours to charge until you’re back in business.
They can even run on AA batteries so stock up at Cosco or BJ’s next time you go! (Fingers crossed you win!)
Tom and I discovered that on the newer models changing the batteries is super easy!
11 ways you win with solar lights!
- Least expensive type of outdoor lighting.
- Simple installation. No wiring required or needed!
- Earth-friendly because it uses the suns energy and not electricity.
- Use on stairs and other hazardous zones in your yard by helping to guide walkers at night. Will assist visitors to avoid potential dangers like a large rock or fountain.
- No upkeep unless you decide to replace the rechargeable battery that are included!
- Easy to move! Change your mind and move them around the yard, patio, pool, garden, driveway…experimenting is fun and thrilling.
- Well-lit outdoor spaces deter potential burglars and will add to your safety by protecting your property. Think about vandalism too!
- Instant color and life is added to your garden without having to use plants for that purpose.
- Safe for children – no wires to deal with.
- Multiple solar lights add depth, beauty and create that alluring atmosphere for your yard, garden and landscape.
- Great to have outside when you’re working after dusk and need just a bit of light to finish a task!
Spectacular solar light specs!
- (2) super bright LEDs, top and bottom
- 20 Lumens of powerful output
- Cool white light (like daylight)
- UV/fade resistant
- Rust proof
- No wiring needed
- Run-time:10 hrs
- Charge-time: 6 hrs
- AA rechargeable battery included (replaceable)
- Automatically turns on at dusk
- 18”H x 12″W
Talk to me about the African Daisy!
9-11. This half-hardy subshrub is grown as an annual in most regions, or perennial in frost-free zones.
Upright bushy or trailing habit, 1 to 3 feet tall and 1 to 2 feet wide
Full sun to light shade; bloom is most prolific in full sun.
Late spring to frost. They are sensitive to extreme heat and flower sparsely in hot weather. Peak bloom time is from late spring to early summer and again from late summer into fall when temperatures begin to moderate.
Color and characteristics:
Daisy-like flowers 2 inches across, come in single, bi- or multicolors in shades of white, yellow, orange, red, coral, pink, blue, lavender, and purple. Oval or lance-shaped leaves are green or gray-green with smooth or toothed margins. Flowers close at night or on dark overcast days, though recent breeding breakthroughs include cultivars where the flowers stay open.