Tell me why I want EcoBorder?!
The best part? The trademark Mower Edge Design helps eliminates the need for string trimming. Yes, I know. Guilty is charged. I have yet to mow the lawn. But it’s too wet and if I mow it will make a muddy mess. Okay, that was just a lame excuse. In the past, I’ve steered the mower right up to this edge for a clean cut look. There’s no need to string trimming unless you have time to burn.
I can’t tell you how unsightly the front of our home looked prior to EcoBorder. Embarrassing! Never would have I dared to post pics of it. After all, the front of your home is constantly being judged by its appearance. Curb appeal is vital. And getting compliments from my friends and neighbors over my EcoBorder has been a big boost to my self-esteem!
Equally thrilling is that my mulch and compost no longer spills out onto the lawn and sidewalk. Not only did that look ugly but was wasteful. Can’t have that. Use also around your patio, walkway or fence.
What is EcoBorder?
- EcoBorder is rubber landscape edging. It’s not that ugly stuff you see while strolling around the neighborhood. This is quality rubber edging for the trendy landscaper.
- Like the name implies, EcoBorder is an eco-friendly product made out of recycled components including crumb rubber, industrial glue and an exterior paint. Think tires. Then think about keeping those tires out of landfills and you’ll be even more motivated to buy EcoBorder.
- EcoBorder is an excellent alternative to block and concrete curbing as well as hammer-in and the roll-up plastic edging. (Flimsy plastic edging makes me shudder in horror).
- Although block edging and concrete curbs look fantastic the cost involved is way out of my league. Not to mention time consuming! EcoBorder is so easy. You get longevity and durability without the backbreaking work. And you can’t really move concrete…. can you? So what’s done. Is done. Plus concrete cracks when your plants grow up under it.
Why choose EcoBorder over other landscape options?
- EcoBorder is quite attractive and extremely durable.
- This rubber edging comes in several designs and colors to suit your yard, garden and your creative tastes. Choose from black, brown, red, green and grey. As we have black shutters, we went with black.
- We love both the “L” shape and “Curb” shape. We went with the “Curb” shape but you choose what suits you best! They all look great!
- EcoBorder has a solid reputation of being able to stand up to variables in climate from extreme cold to excess heat.
- No digging required. I repeat ~ no digging required. Need I say more? Have you added it to your shopping cart yet? What color did you choose? What design?
- It’s used on playgrounds. This means it’s kid safe. People safe. Animal safe. We love this!
- Won’t fade, although comes from the factory with a natural luster that will dull a tad over time making the product look more natural and becoming in your yard.
- It’s versatile. Try it around the patio, fence, pool, playground, walkway or landscape… keeping that mulch and soil in place.
- Reasonably priced. You’ll feel as though you can use this product for your entire yard.
- Depending on what product you go with, pieces bend up to 60 or 70 degrees making it just roll around your bedding. It practically installs itself. (Okay, that’s stretching it a bit).
- Each piece is 4 feet in length making it easy to work with. It can be cut midsection to create sharper curves.
- Like that perfect pair of jeans, it’s both sturdy and flexible in all the right places.
- The EcoBorder website states that you can install 50 feet of their borders in an hour. This is most likely true. Except Tom and I kept changing our minds about the curvature we were going for that we re-did it several times.
- Product includes stakes and connectors. But you will need a hammer, handsaw, gloves and safely glasses.
- I can install myself. Tom who?!?
You choose L shape rubber landscape border or Curb rubber landscape border in the color of your choice including brown, red, black, green or grey.
*Please note: The winner gets to choose their Ecoborder color but if green or grey is selected shipment will take an extra 1-2 weeks as they are a special order item*
1. (4) 6 pack of “L” design
2. (5) 4 pack of “Curb” design
- To enter, LIKE Raise Your Garden on Facebook and share this post. For a second entry sign up for our newsletter. For additional entries see below.
- Let us know in the comment section what you’ve done!!
- Contest ends June 20th