I was feeling a little guilty about not including dill on my top ten list (because in fact, I do grow it). So here it is… A Few Quick Uses:
- Add dill to any of your favorite egg salad recipes.
- Combine dill weed with plain yogurt and chopped cucumber for a delicious cooling dip.
- Use dill when cooking fish, especially salmon and trout, as the flavors complement one another very well.
- Use dill weed to garnish sandwiches.
- Since dill seeds were traditionally used to soothe the stomach after meals, place some seeds in a small dish and place it on the dinner table for all to enjoy. (I’m not sure how many people will take you up on this, but you never know).
- Mix together chopped potatoes, green beans, and plain yogurt, then season with both dill seeds and chopped dill weed.
Leave a Reply